Quotes by Thomas S Monson
- Amidst the confusion of the times, the conflicts of conscience, and the turmoil of daily living, an abiding faith becomes an anchor to our lives.
- Choose a field that will supply sufficient remuneration to provide adequately for your companion and your children. I bear testimony that these criteria are very important in choosing your life's work.
- Choose your friends with caution plan your future with purpose, and frame your life with faith.
- Choose your love, Love your choice.
- Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God's approval.
- Faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other.
- I forbid you, agnostic, doubting thoughts, to destroy the house of my faith.
- I hope that you will learn to take responsibility for your decisions. don't take counsel of your fears.
- I wasn't with Joseph, but I believe him. My faith did not come to me through science, and I will not permit so-called science to destroy it.
- Perhaps the surest test of an individual's integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.
- Should doubt knock at your doorway, just say to those skeptical, disturbing, rebellious thoughts, I propose to stay with my faith, with the faith of my people.
- The principles of living greatly include the capacity to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and trial with humility.
- The way to be with God in every season is to strive to be near Him every week and each day.
- We may not only find faith in God in our sorrow. We may also become faithful to Him in times of calm.
- We must not let our passions destroy our dreams.
- Work will win when wishy washy wishing won t.