17:28 12 June 2017
The Internet of Things’ (IoT) growing popularity is pushing many businesses to produce new and innovative smart devices. With everything that is available in the market now, choosing the best ones for you can be really challenging. In this article, we’ve ranked IoT applications based on their popularity on Google and social media, which we think can help you make well-informed purchasing decisions.
· Smart Home – Smart Home stands out and was voted as the most popular IoT application being search by more than 60,000 people on Google each month. Due to this growing demand, it is not a surprise that the number of companies that are active in this arena is bigger than any other application in the field of IoT. Currently, there are 256 companies and start ups in this field, which include Belkin, Philips, Nest, and Haier.
· Wearables – Of all the IoT startups, wearables have the biggest funding to date. Examples of the most popular gadgets under this category are Apple Watch, Sony Smart B Trainer, and LookSee bracelet.
· Smart City – Governments are now becoming more and more involved in the IoT landscape. Various IoT technologies are being used from traffic management and water distribution to waste management and environmental monitoring.
· Smart grids – This concept is being searched by 41,000 people on Google every month. It is very promising as it aims to improve the efficiency, reliability and economics of electricity.
· Connected car – The biggest names in the automotive industry are set to launch their next generation Internet connected car soon. Other companies that are expected to play a huge part in this field are Apple, Microsoft and Google which have already announced their connected car platforms.
· Connected Health – Connected health is one of the most popular topics in IoT landscape as it aims to enhance the well-being of the population in general.
· Smart farming – IoT applications are now being used to revolutionise the way farmers work. Various gadgets have been designed to provide solutions in monitoring livestock, for example, to help improve efficiency and boost revenue.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website