IOTUK aims to advance the UK’s global leadership in the IoT landscape.
12:52 10 June 2017
IOT UK is part of the Government’s £32million investment in IoT and is powered by the Future Cities Catapult and Digital Catapult. It aims to increase the adoption of high quality IoT technologies and services in both the business and public sector as well as accelerate the UK’s IoT capability specifically in areas such as data interoperability, security, design development and investment justification.
Aside from Catapult Digital and Catapult Future Cities, others involved in the programme are:
· The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council – Currently leads The Research Councils UK Digital Economy Theme, which £9.8million investment aims to support UK universities so they can work together to create a single internationally recognised Research Hub called PETRAS.
· The Department of Culture, Media & Sport – Aims to make the UK the world’s most exciting and creative place to visit and do business.
· The Department of Health – Funds healthcare in England.
· Innovate UK – Drives science and technology innovations to grow the UK economy.
· The Office for Life Sciences – Makes use of research, innovation and the use of technology to transform healthcare services.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website