Why you need VPN
5 reasons why VPN technology is now a must-have for people using the Internet.
20:00 20 November 2017
Growing concerns over online privacy and regulations like the Investigatory Powers Act in the UK have transformed VPN from a ‘nice thing to have’ to a ‘must-have.’ Below are top five reasons why you should take advantage of this technology:
· Avoiding government censorship – In some countries, the Internet is highly censored by oppressive governments. VPN can help you stay connected when travelling to such countries.
· Online gaming – People who enjoy online gaming must take precautionary measures, especially because they provide their credit card information online. Aside from keeping personal information private, VPN can also be used to overcome geo-blocking restrictions.
· Secure messaging – Many people who are using cross-platform messaging services are not aware that many of them are not encrypted. VPN helps ensure that the messages you send and receive are not intercepted and read by unauthorised party.
· Stay safe when using public WiFi – Using public WiFi can put your data at risk of being hacked. However, VPN can keep hackers at bay and allow you to enjoy free WiFi.
· VoIP – VPN also encrypts calls made through VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), making things much harder for any snoops.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website