The current colours of wires used should be blue for neutral (N), brown for live (L) and green and yellow for earth (E).
By law, appliances should come with a plug but here's how you fit one if needed:
1. Unscrew the plug and remove the cover. The fuse is on the right and you may need to remove it to have access to the plug.
2. The bottom right terminal next to the fuse needs to be connected to the brown live cable.
3. The left terminal shpould be connected to the blue neutral wire.
4. The top terminal is where the green and yellow earth wire needs to go.
5. After connecting the wires, replace the fuse, then the flex cable needs to be clamped in place by using the cable grip at the bottom of the plug.
6. It is very important that this flex is secured, either by using the screw down clamp or the two flange option, depending on your type of plug.
If in doubt, consult an electrician.
Fragile golden and silver scrolls believed to be “spells” to invoke good or evil spirits were unearthed with ancient skeleton in Serbia.
Stress of moving house can help boost memory, a recent research has found.
The prenup house, made of carbon fibre elements and semi-transparent wooden layer, can be split in two if marriage doesn’t work.
De-extinction of mammoths through DNA sequencing and genome editing can help restore the grassland system, scientists have claimed.
Faraday cage wetsuit prevents sharks from detecting tiny electrical signals from divers’ muscles.
In 30 years, humans will be able to upload their entire minds to computers and become digitally immortal, Google has predicted
x Share us on Facebook