You can do things month by month that will help you maintain your home and keep it in tip-top form. Here's what you should be looking out for:
1. Clearing leaves, moss and other debris from gutters and window sills- especially in autumn!
2. Check your smoke and burglar alarms and make sure the batteries are working.
3. In spring, get a wire brush and get scrubbing any moss or mildew that may be clinging to your bickwork. This can help prevent damp.
4. Clean the filter in your cooker hood, messy but necessary.
5. Check the seals around your bath and shower. If there are any discoloured parts or gaps, buy some silicon sealant from a DIY store and have a go at resealing the edges. This prevents damage occuring to parts of your bathroom that you can't see, which could land you with a hefty bill.
6. Check your pointing. If the cement between your bricks has begun to crumble or wear away, the house could be at risk from damp.
A bottle used to teach children how far litter can travel ended up on Scottish beach after 8,700-mile journey.
Confused Apple customers are finding coins in their MacBooks.
High levels of iron help prevent hearing loss, a study has claimed.
A software engineer has constructed a fingernail-sized engine made of paper and it totally works!
Conspiracy theorists claim that there is a mysterious alien based pyramid in the Antarctic.
Toblerone design shape change angers some loyal chocolate lovers in the UK.0 comments
Britain to experience up to 120 days of snow in coldest conditions in years.
x Share us on Facebook