You can do things month by month that will help you maintain your home and keep it in tip-top form. Here's what you should be looking out for:
1. Clearing leaves, moss and other debris from gutters and window sills- especially in autumn!
2. Check your smoke and burglar alarms and make sure the batteries are working.
3. In spring, get a wire brush and get scrubbing any moss or mildew that may be clinging to your bickwork. This can help prevent damp.
4. Clean the filter in your cooker hood, messy but necessary.
5. Check the seals around your bath and shower. If there are any discoloured parts or gaps, buy some silicon sealant from a DIY store and have a go at resealing the edges. This prevents damage occuring to parts of your bathroom that you can't see, which could land you with a hefty bill.
6. Check your pointing. If the cement between your bricks has begun to crumble or wear away, the house could be at risk from damp.
Fragile golden and silver scrolls believed to be “spells” to invoke good or evil spirits were unearthed with ancient skeleton in Serbia.
Stress of moving house can help boost memory, a recent research has found.
The prenup house, made of carbon fibre elements and semi-transparent wooden layer, can be split in two if marriage doesn’t work.
De-extinction of mammoths through DNA sequencing and genome editing can help restore the grassland system, scientists have claimed.
Faraday cage wetsuit prevents sharks from detecting tiny electrical signals from divers’ muscles.
In 30 years, humans will be able to upload their entire minds to computers and become digitally immortal, Google has predicted
x Share us on Facebook