Benefits of Online Learning
Continuous self-improvement and self-learning is the choice of a successful person seeking to realize his or her potential.
11:47 22 March 2021
And today, the widespread use of Internet technology opens up unlimited opportunities in this regard for modern person. To get new skills, knowledge, improve qualifications and even master a new profession today is easier than ever - all you have to do is enroll and complete an online course. But is it all so obvious? Let's find out what online education is, whether it is suitable for everyone, what are its advantages and disadvantages and how to get a quality online education that will not make you regret the time you spent.
Online courses ≠ distance learning
Now there will be just a little bit of theory, without which we cannot move forward. The fact is very often the concept of distance learning is compared to the concept of online courses. This is not really true, online courses are a type of distance learning.
Distance learning is an educational process, where traditional and specific methods, tools and forms of learning are based on computer and telecommunications technologies. In this case, the student is studying independently on the developed program, periodically submitting the result to the teacher for review. Learning can be difficult, so students who are engaged in individual study can take advantage of a variety of educational resources, including assignment help.
Online-learning is a direct channel of communication between a teacher and a student "here and now" via a gadget connected to the Internet. This format has become a logical continuation of distance learning.
Despite the fact that the first video recordings of lectures appeared in 1990, online learning attracted mass attention only in 2010 with the development of the first educational platforms with accessible lessons. For example, the number of registered users on the leading learning platform Coursera has reached 25 million people in 200 countries.
Forms of online learning
Today online learning is one of the main trends in the development of educational technology around the world. Among the variety of forms of online learning everyone can choose the most convenient and appropriate form of training for themselves. Let's give a brief list and characteristics of the most common forms of online learning.
Lectures and video lessons. Today many of the world's prestigious universities and specialized educational resources offer free public access to collections of the best educational materials and courses of lectures by prominent professors, which can be "visited" by students from all over the world. High quality, prestigious education has never been so accessible.
Trainings. Participants in online training courses acquire new knowledge by testing it out in practical life situations. Training and online courses aimed at professional development, useful business skills and personal growth are very popular in the corporate environment.
Webinars are a type of web-conference and a popular format among coaches when one or more expert speakers broadcast, and participants communicate with each other via chat.
Online courses - training sessions during which the student is not physically in contact with the teacher and other students, performing the tasks received through video lessons and receiving feedback from the teacher. In a certain period of time, it is possible to gain knowledge on a selected topic without having to attend an educational institution.
What tasks are solved by online education?
Online education helps prepare children for school, pump up employees' professional skills, get a full higher education and learn a new profession. Online learning even allows you to get a scientific title, up to and including a doctorate. In this case, a person can request a dissertation help. And in the realities of 2020, while students can't attend educational institutions, online learning has become a temporary alternative to face-to-face learning.
Who would be interested in this format of learning?
First of all, conscious individuals with high self-discipline, who understand the importance of learning, are able to properly plan their time and set priorities. Those who want to get new knowledge or specialty without interrupting their main activity.
The advantages of online education
- One of the most obvious advantages of studying online is the opportunity to choose a comfortable place and time of classes. Now there is no need to spend time on the road, and the place of classes will be at home, a cafe, a park or even the beach if you have a good Internet connection.
- The variety of courses is another advantage of online education. You have a huge database of courses on numerous learning platforms at your disposal. The range of topics is amazing: language classes, business training, lessons in applied sciences and rare highly specialized disciplines. For example, there are programs for medics that simulate real-life situations to practice skills.
- Saving money is another bonus of online learning. In addition to the fact that you do not have to spend money on travel or accommodation in another city, and the classes themselves can be absolutely free or will cost less than their offline counterparts.
- Online training gives you the opportunity for sharing experiences, opinions and knowledge with other members of professional communities. Some online programs provide for collaborative work on assignments, sharing documents and learning materials.
- Another advantage of online learning is the flexibility of communication with your instructor. Getting feedback from the instructor has become much easier. You no longer have to catch him in between classes. Your questions are sure to be answered at an agreed time in advance.
- The opportunity to revise the course at a convenient time allows you to get into the subject in more detail, go back to difficult points.