- Change theme
it's an internet thing! est 1999
Chicago Car Accident Statistics in 2021
About 100,000 vehicle accidents occur in or near Chicago each year.
00:15 28 May 2022
Chicago is the third-largest city in the United States, with approximately three million people and millions of tourists each year. With so many people on the road, it's not surprising that thousands of automobile accidents occur on Chicago's roads each year.
Despite the coronavirus outbreak, social isolation, and stay-at-home orders, there was an increase in the number of people killed in car accidents.
2021 Car Accident Statistics
Like any other major metropolis in the United States or the world, Chicago is no stranger to accidents. About 100,000 vehicle accidents occur in or near Chicago each year. Cook County, which includes Chicago, was Illinois' deadliest county for motorists. There were 361 deaths, up to 18% in the first nine months of 2021. As of March 19, 2021, 49 people had died.
Semi-trucks were involved in the majority of deadly vehicle crashes. Pedestrians are among the most vulnerable road users, accounting for about half of all road fatalities in the city in 2021.
According to research from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were about 31,720 traffic deaths in the United States from January to September 2021, up 12% over forecasts for the same time in 2020.
The NHTSA highlighted behavioral studies that revealed that speeding and driving without a seatbelt increased during the epidemic.
The Various Types of Chicago Car Accidents
As any driver or passenger might be involved in an automobile accident, it's good to learn about crashes. They include:
- Rear-end collisions (most common)
- Collisions involving a flipped car
- Accidents that involve parked cars
- Head-on collisions
Car Accident Causes in Chicago
According to officials, the lack of automobiles on the road played a big role in the shift in driving behavior. Other factors included:
- Excessively tight driving
- Red-light running
- Failure to adhere to the agreement's provisions
- Unfavorable weather conditions
- Drunk driving
- Speeding to excess
- Inexperienced motorists
- Distracted driving
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Brain Injuries- Are strong blows to the head or piercing lesions to the skull. The victims of these injuries may face catastrophic and life-altering consequences.
- Internal Injuries- Internal injuries from automobile accidents are most commonly caused by strong shaking or fractured ribs, which can damage organs or cause internal bleeding.
- Spinal cord injuries- They can handicap a person; hence incredibly expensive.
- Broken Bones and Fractures
Being involved in a vehicle accident may be upsetting. Medical bills may add up quickly, and you might need to take time off from work to recover. If you or a loved one has been harmed in an automobile accident, you must follow specific procedures immediately after the accident.
After seeking medical assistance, contact a car accident lawyer in Chicago to help you search for justice.
Here at Zayed Law Offices, they assist the clients in obtaining the relief they deserve. Their car accident attorneys work on a variety of cases involving car and vehicle accidents, i.e.:
- Highway accident lawyers
- Firetruck, police, & ambulance
- Rear-end accident
- Car insurance/underinsured
- Drunk driving
- Rollover accident
- Distracted driving accident
- Pedestrian accident