- Change theme
it's an internet thing! est 1999
How Does Weed Delivery Work?
When the pandemic made going out of the house a social faux pas, restaurants and retail shops quickly learned the advantages of providing service.
00:00 02 March 2023
When the pandemic made going out of the house a social faux pas, restaurants and retail shops quickly learned the advantages of providing delivery services to their customers. No instead of heading down to the San Diego dispensary, cannabis consumers can have their favorite marijuana products delivered right to their doors. In truth, delivery programs of this kind aren’t that different than other companies that provide remote purchases. Here’s a quick look at how marijuana dispensaries can bring their products directly to you!
What Is Weed Delivery?
Because it’s been an illegal substance for so long, the concept of having marijuana arrive on someone’s doorstep may seem quite unusual. Even as more states legalized cannabis, going to a San Diego dispensary was still the most reliable way to make a purchase. Dispensary owners soon realized that many people depend on their products but don;t have the ability to make it into the store.
That’s where a delivery service comes in. In California, anyone can use one of these services as long as they are over 21. This allows recreational users and patients to order products and supplies remotely for pickup or delivery. Nevada and Oregon have similar laws with other states altering their regulations as cannabis sales increase. Delivery usually requires the buyer to have a permanent address and won’t send their drivers to random locations for safety reasons.
How to Place an Order
Getting cannabis delivery can be as easy as ordering a pizza from your favorite chain. Many dispensaries have apps and websites that make ordering easy and knowing what you’re looking for makes purchasing easy. Some things to keep in mind when placing your order include:
Medical Marijuana Cards
Until it’s officially legalized as a recreational drug across the country, many states still require delivery service customers to have their medical marijuana license. Applying for a card is easy, though the process differs from state to state. Some delivery services originated with the idea of getting patients their medication when they’re unable to leave their homes. Having delivery available for recreational customers also limits the risk of driving while high.
Using the App
Your local or San Diego dispensary wants to make it as simple as possible for you to get your bud. That means they usually have an easy-to-use website or app that will let you make your selections remotely. If you are having trouble making a selection, some even have chat options that let you text a representative to know you’re getting what you want. You may want to consider different factors when making your choice, such as:
- Sativa vs Indica: While it may be an antiquated way to choose cannabis products, understanding the differences between strain types does give you a good baseline on how smoking may affect your experience.
- CBD and THC: As the two main cannabinoids that affect the body, CBD and its psychoactive partner THC provide different advantages. Knowing the benefits of both helps to make a more informed decision.
- Terpenes: Marijuana isn’t just about feeling better and getting high. Terpenes are the compounds that give plants their flavor, and cannabis can be a delicious way to take treatment.
- Ingestion: There are many ways to enjoy cannabis with different effects. Smoking, vaping and dabbing all come on quickly with a shorter experience. Edibles, tinctures, and capsules all take longer to work but usually provide relief all day.
Waiting for Delivery
Once you’ve made your order, the San Diego dispensary may contact you to verify the purchase. Then it’s just a matter of time before it gets to your door. While 24-hour delivery options aren’t available as of yet, you can usually expect your purchase within a few hours, or at least at some point in the day. Some dispensaries will even take next-day orders to prevent last-minute medication mishaps, too!
The Benefits of Delivery
While convenience is the primary benefit, there are other reasons why you may want to choose weed delivery over heading to the dispensary. Because these services are so easy to use, it’s a relatively simple process to choose your products and wait for their arrival. Other benefits include:
- Safety: Some people are worried about traveling with cannabis in their vehicles. Having it delivered takes that concern away.
- Diving: Many older patients either cannot or have lost their ability to drive. Delivery services allow them independence without sacrificing dignity.
- Discounts: Some San Diego dispensaries offer freebies or discounted items when you avoid clogging up the lines in-store.
- Help: Most apps and websites have staff available for an immediate chat to help you with your purchase.
Many cannabis enthusiasts have dreamed of the day they can have their favorite recreational substance dropped off at their doorstep. With more dispensaries taking on delivery duties, it’s easier than ever to resupply for your daily medication or a big weekend bash. Delivery services mean a safer, more convenient way for you to get cannabis and the supplies to use it. And if you want to continue great delivery service, tipping your driver is sure to help!