20:42 29 May 2017
But what exactly is it and how can it change our lives? Although the topic can be challenging to explain in simple terms, seeing example of this technology in action will help you easily understand.
Below are 5 examples of IoT technology:
· Nest Smart Thermostat – This is one of the most popular pieces of IoT these days. It is a smart thermostat that automatically adjusts temperature in your home to help you save on your heating and cooling bills. It is connected to the Internet and controlled by an app that sends alerts when it looks like something has gone wrong with your cooling or heating system.
· Philips Hue Smart Bulbs – Using a smartphone app, the Philips Hue lighting system can change to any colour you choose and can be turned on and off. They can also be synced with your music for an awesome sound-and-light party.
· August Smart Lock – This IoT device automatically locks and unlocks your door. One of its features is that it allows users to grant guest keys for friends and household help.
· Canary Smart Security System – This combines video, audio, motion detection, night vision, temperature, air quality, and humidity sensors to secure your home.
· Healthpatch Health Monitor – This is used for outpatient care by healthcare providers, allowing them to get heart rate, ECG, respiratory rate, skin temperature, fall detection, body posture, and activity readings remotely.
There are thousands of IoT devices in the market today and experts predict that more will be developed in coming years. This will allow us to move toward a future where devices are smarter, we’re more in control, and we’ll be able to leverage technology to create more efficient, intelligent machines.
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website