Know Your VOIP
Know all your options before signing up with any provider to get the most of VoIP.
18:57 30 June 2017
VoIP is definitely the future of business communications. It is highly cost effective and offers advanced features that can improve efficiency and productivity. However, before you sign up with any provider, it is important that you fully understand the actual needs of your business and the best option that will work to your advantage.
Take some time to answer the following questions to fully understand your requirements:
· What is your budget?
· Are you going to need a traditional or VoIP phone?
· Would you rather have your VoIP system cloud hosted?
· Are the new phones for your office based or remote workers?
· How many people will need a phone?
· What specific features do you require? IVR, call recordings and emailed voicemail?
· How many incoming calls do you expect to receive at any one time?
· What is the speed of your current internet connection?
· Do you have a dedicated internal IT resource?
One of the greatest things about VoIP is that is it very versatile and its features can be tailored to the job of each user. This means that different functionalities can be incorporated to phones being used by your sales and support team, marketing or directors. For example, your sales team can have an expansion module to deal with a large phone book while your support team can have call recording functionality.