- Change theme
10:52 26 August 2013
Thinking of making a great desert from ripe strawberries this summer? Then, this one is for you.
325g strawberries, hulled (you can also use blackberries or raspberries)
4 sheets of gelatine or 3 teasp powdered gelatine
180ml double cream
½ teasp vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, mash 225g strawberries or place in food processor. Set aside remaining strawberries for decoration. Using sieve, take away the seeds and set the juice aside.
2. If using sheet gelatine, break the gelatine up and mix it with 60ml cold milk. Leave for 10 minutes. If using powdered gelatine, sprinkle the powder over 60ml hot milk (not boiling) until the gelatine is dissolved.
3. In a saucepan mix the cream, sugar, vanilla, and the remaining milk. Heat stirring from time to time. Remove from heat at simmering point. Stir in the gelatine mixture until well blended.
4. Combine the strawberry and milk mixtures. Pour into ramekins and allow to cool at room temperature. Transfer in the refrigerator until well set.
5. Place each ramekin in a small bowl with boiling water that cover ¾ of the side of the ramekin to loosen up the top edges. Turn onto serving plate and garnish with strawberries.
This recipe is from www.Recipes4us.co.uk
Disclaimer: Supanet is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content of comments written by contributors to this website