Tips to Selecting the Best CBD Distributor
The benefits of CBD, THC, and marijuana are well-known by many.
10:25 16 June 2021
However, it is still not easy to determine the best place to purchase products. Many places sell CBD, but you want to use and offer the best to your clients. Therefore, the following are five tips for selecting the best wholesale distributor for CBD products.
Tip #1 – Select Only High-Quality Products
Unfortunately, a lot of places that offer CBD oil at low rates have questionable quality. There are a variety of extraction techniques, and each style can produce a different result. Thankfully, there are four guidelines to follow when looking for products. However, you will always want to ask questions to the distributor and make sure they can explain their products in detail.
- Full-spectrum – Any high-quality CBD distributor will offer a full-spectrum oil. Full-spectrum is different from isolate because it provides all the vitamins, minerals, and more CBD gives users. When you create an isolate, you remove fatty acids, protein, fiber, and many other fine ingredients that prevent consumers from receiving the full benefit of this natural supplement.
- THC-Free – When offering CBD to the public, you need to make sure it is THC to abide by the law in many states. THC and CBD are both parts of the cannabis family, but THC has the hallucinogenic properties that CBD does not. Removing THC from CBD is a costly process, which is why CBD is often more expensive. However, it is necessary to stay compliant with local guidelines. The best rule of thumb to follow is, "if they are not promoting their products as THC free, then the product has THC in it.
- Consistent – When looking for a wholesaler for your CBD oil, you want a company that offers compatible products. The formula should be the same in every batch. Talk to the distributor and ask them about the process. They should feel comfortable telling you how they work and how their quality control operates to guarantee their product.
- Variety – Finally, you want to find a company that offers a variety of products. You will have customers that prefer tinctures and others that want vapes. Look for a distributor that provides many methods to obtain CBD oil so you will not have to shop around from different distributors. While this step is not necessary, it will simplify your process of stocking your store for your clientele.
While the above list is things to look for in a wholesaler, you will want to know what to look for when searching for high-quality products. The following are the signs you are purchasing an oil your consumers will trust and enjoy.
- CO2 is used in extraction – Supercritical CO2 is a safe solvent that will extract CBD from the plant. Unfortunately, substandard quality products will use butane or propane to perform the extraction.
- Naturally grown – Look for CBD products that are extracted from naturally grown hemp instead of laboratory-grown.
- Watch the price – You want to find an affordable product, but not too low in price. Extracting CBD from hemp is an expensive process, so low cost generally means chemicals were used.
- Amount of CBD is displayed – A product you can trust will say precisely how much CBD is in each dose. You will want levels to be between 250 mg to 1000 mg for every 10 ml.
- Independent testing – High-quality products will be tested by the company and then again by an independent testing business. Read the test results to verify CBD levels and discover if there are any products or chemicals you do not want.
- Less than 0.2% THC – To be considered THC-free, a CBD product must contain less than 0.2% THC. When you are reading the testing results, look for the amount of THC left behind during the extraction process.
- No medical claims – When looking at the labels of various CBD products, make sure they do not make medical claims. You want a product that is promoted as a supplement, but it should not claim to cure cancer. While it may be comprised of high-quality CBD, you do not want to give misinformation to your clientele. CBD does offer many health benefits, but it is not approved for the treatment of any condition.
Tip #2 – Look at Customer Service Reviews
With the growth of popularity, there are thousands of people branching into the CBD oil industry. Therefore, you will have a vast number of distributors to shop from. This will allow you to be more selective in the process, so take your time when finding the ideal wholesaler. Look for reviews from other vendors and ask for testimonials. If they are willing to give you customers' names, reach out to them and find out if they have ever had problems with orders being delayed, missing, or inability to contact the distributor. You want to depend on the wholesaler, and they should have a service quality that matches their high-quality product. It is hard to be confident about your product if you are not confident in your supplier.
Tip #3 – Standards of Wholesaler Should Match Your Standards
When you hire employees, you tell them that they reflect your brand. The same is true with the wholesaler that provides your CBD products. While shopping for a distributor, look at how they are branded. Make sure that you are comfortable with that branding and it aligns with your high standards. A few questions to ask while shopping include:
- How do they present their products?
- Are the materials high-quality?
- Do they offer a loose product, or is everything boxed?
- How easy is it to display their products?
- Do their products match your vision?
- Will your customers be interested in the products?
- Are they easy for your customers to check into (strengthening their trust in you)?
While people are shopping at your store, they will judge you based on the products you sell. When you align yourself with high-quality brands, you will give people a reason to trust your experience.
Tip #4 – Prices and Product Selection are Reasonable
As mentioned above, removing THC from CBD oil products is not an easy or cheap process. Therefore, it is common to find CBD oils are higher in price. However, you will want to find products that have reasonable rates that allow you to make money, and people can still afford the oil. In addition, a distributor is no good if they do not offer a wide selection of products that your consumers want. Some companies produce formulas that are over 2000 mg, which not many clients want. Shop for wholesalers that offer you full-spectrum recipes that are lower in potency and still effective. While you may have a few people that want CBD oil in cookies or spices, you should stick with those items being a special order. Most of your clients will be interested in soft gels, tinctures, gummies, vapes, and straight oil. It is never a bad idea to have a distributor that offers rare items, but do not be afraid if they cost more since you will be special ordering them for specific clientele.
Tip #5 – Build on Their Marketing
Marketing is vital to the success of any business. If you select a distributor that already has a strong marketing campaign, you will be able to use that to educate your customers on their products. The following are questions to ask when evaluating the marketing of the wholesaler:
- Are there brochures or flyers to give consumers?
- Do you provide samples that I can distribute?
- Do you have product displays we can use in our store?
- Do you have signs we can hang to promote the products we sell?
- Do you have accessible materials to educate my staff on your products?
- What marketing assistance do you provide resellers, such as me?
If a company does not have any marketing set up to help its consumers, you will need to do more research on your end. This is not impossible, but it is time-consuming and often not worth the time invested. All high-quality brands will find every way to help stores sell their product because it promotes their brand.
The demand for CBD oil is continuing to grow, and so are the number of wholesalers. While you will need to do some research, it is worth the effort to provide your clients with high-quality products they will grow to depend on. Following these five tips when purchasing CBD wholesale will go a long way to support your business and provide your clients with a quality product.