VoIP: Digital V Analogue
Why use VoIP for your phone calls and voice data?
09:43 15 June 2017
Voice over Internet Protocols or VoiP is an innovative technology that allows making and receiving calls and voice data over a secure high-speed network. The manner in which phone calls are placed and received is very similar to a typical circuit-switched network. The only difference is that the information is received on a packet switched network at efficient speeds. This form of connection is highly revered due to its reliability and compatibility with other applications and programs operating on the same network.
VoIP is a great option for businesses because it:
· Offers an efficient, economical and practical solution
· Allows companies to be better equipped with the right tools for better collaboration and productivity
· Enables easier communication tools such as online conferencing, video calling and extensive remote capabilities on an integrated network
· Connects customers and employees without limitations
· Provides many other features including caller ID and voicemail
Going from analog to digital is essential for any type of business as the technology provides a telephone system that allows them to stay up to date and in sync with evolving technology. It also provides a smart solution to the limited capabilities of the archaic circuit-switch network that puts businesses at a competitive edge.