Why A Clean House Makes You Happier
No doubt, cleaning is good for you and your overall health. Maintaining a clean home is not an easy task.
11:37 29 November 2019
The Psychology Behind Cleanliness: Discovering The Link Between Dirty Home And Depression And Why You Need A Robot Mop
Having a clean home is not only vital for your physical health. Keeping a neat living space promotes empathy. It has a strong link on your mind as well. Whatever state your house is in, can impact your feelings for the entire day.
You may have noticed that you always feel nice when your space is clean. You fall asleep right away when your bed is organized. Even the nice detergent scent of your favorite ensemble can add to the entire experience of wearing it. On the other hand, your mind tends to feel cluttered when your space is also cluttered.
Although having a spotless house is not the solution to all your problems, it can still provide you with the feeling of being in control of things. You'll feel more relaxed since you are free from constant responsibility. Furthermore, coming home to neat and orderly surroundings that smell nice after a stressful day at work can truly elevate your mood.
What Science Says
Psychology Today published an article in 2016, which says that families living in a clean home are healthier in comparison to those with dirty ones. Your house is the haven for your entire family. If it's full of clutter, so will be your mind. Furthermore, living in a dirty environment will never make you feel like you're clean yourself even after showering.
If you don't feel comfortable accepting guests in your home, then it's not a pleasant place for you and your family. Keep in mind that you're just as significant as everyone else. For these reasons, treating yourself to an orderly and clean environment is crucial.
The researchers at Princeton University, on the other hand, found in their 2011 study that messes and clutter can make it more difficult for people to focus on a certain task. There's a tendency for your visual cortex to get overwhelmed with objects irrelevant to your task. As a result, it'll be harder for you to give attention and finish things efficiently.
Importance Of Keeping Your Home Clean
Study shows that people who have clean and organized households are more active and happier. Why is that you ask? It's because cleanliness helps prevent different types of diseases and viruses from attacking us.
Also, cleanliness can help increase your work efficiency. It can aid in reducing your mental stress, which impacts the quality of your sleep. It can have a massive impact on the way you think and on having a sound mind. So for these reasons, it is crucial to keep your space and even your office clean and organized.
Nonetheless, staying clean and keeping your home clean is not always possible. Not having enough time on your hands or having too much work makes it pretty challenging to maintain the cleanliness of your surroundings. Thankfully, robot mops revolutionized the way we clean our space. Some can even do the cleaning job with little to no assistance from you.
Advantages Of Cleaning With A Robot Mop
Robotic cleaners can make your life easier. Although these machines have flaws, with some models having a handful more than others, it's still a cleaning tool worth your investment.
Here are some notable benefits of owning a robot mop/vacuum:
- Ease of use. They are extremely easy to use. Once you program it and set its start time, it will begin working on your surfaces. All you have to do is place the robot on your floor.
- Schedule your cleaning time. The handy feature allows you to program your unit to mop whenever you want. You can set it to clean at a specific time every day or once a week, depending on your cleaning needs. Wouldn't it be nice to come home to a dust-free floor after a stressful day at work?
- They can multitask. A lot of robotic mops today come with highly advanced technology, which means they can multitask. Aside from floors, they can also clean your walls and dump the dirt and dust on their own. They'll return to their charging docks when they're done with the task or if their battery is low.
- Spot cleaning. Most robot mops also have a mode for taking care of messes or spills in a certain area. So instead of roaming around the entire room, this feature will simply focus on whatever area you direct your unit to.
- Takes care of hard-to-reach areas. Traditional mopping means you have to bend down to go around and under large pieces of furniture. You may even find yourself lifting your sofa or kneeling to prevent dust accumulation. However, with a robot mop, this back-breaking task will be a thing of the past. It can go underneath your furniture and take care of everything for you while you sit back and relax.
- Saves time. One of the most significant advantages of investing in these cleaning tools is that you'll be able to save a lot of your precious time. It will not require you to be around to do its job. You can rest, go to work or the mall, and you'll come home to nice-looking space.
Maintaining your house does not have to be overwhelming. A little bit of automation can go a long way. However, robot mops are not created equally, so make sure to read https://cleanup.expert/top-rated-mopping-robots/ before investing in one.
Simple Ways To Keep Your House Clean
These simple tips will keep your humble abode clean and fresh at all times.
- Gain some perspective. First and foremost, you don't have to be perfect all the time. It's almost impossible to keep a perfectly clean space, especially if you have kids around. Keep in mind that you're not Superwoman, so gaining a little perspective can help you appreciate everything in your house, even the messes.
- A little cleaning here and there. If you're busy and don't always have the energy and time to clean the entire house but hate seeing it messy, take a few minutes every day to do little tasks. You can fix your bed, fold clothes, or throw away the trash. Even doing little things can give you that feeling of accomplishment, which in turn will elevate your mood.
- Set a priority. Map out your cleaning schedule and give more priority to the rooms used by your family the most. And make sure to get the kids involved. You can make it fun by creating a calendar of tasks and reward those who finish on time.
- Hire a professional if necessary. Considering hiring a maid or help to take care of your home's exterior. It's ideal to leave the gutters and landscaping to professionals if you don't have the tools or the ability to take care of them.
- The power of aromatherapy. Your home should not only look clean, but it also has to smell clean. And aromatherapy is one of the best and easiest ways to alter anyone's mood instantly and transform your home. Find an essential oil or candle with a scent that can please your senses.
Keep in mind that the key to making cleaning a much more rewarding experience is to be in control. Also, avoid stressing yourself out about cleaning so that you can appreciate your home even more.